- Frequently clean hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub.
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw
tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share
previous travel history – with your health care provider.
- Avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces contacted by animals.
- The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid crosscontamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
- Wet hands with warm water.
- Apply a small amount of liquid soap.
- Rub palms together (away from the water).
- Rubs fingers and thumbs, and the bits between.
- Rub nails on palms.
- Rub the back of each hand.
- Rinse with clean, running water.
- Dry thoroughly with a clean, dry towel.
If soap and water aren’t available and your hands already look clean, you can use a hand sanitiser to help kill the germs on your hands.